Sunday, March 29, 2009

Can God Reject Me????

1 Samuel 15:23

b. "Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, he has rejected you as King"

The simple answer is YES, God can reject me. Now the bigger question is does God intend or have it set out for me to be rejected, answer: NO.

I don't know how many times it has crossed my mind what it would be like for God to just simply cast me out, and the truth be told I wouldn't blame him. There are moments where it is obvious that I am doing what I was called to do and it is obvious in what I do. There are other times where you are left wondering is this the same person who just yesterday was a perfect example of God's love???

King Saul found himself in quite the same predicament, should he please his people or God? He choose his people, he choose the easy way. I couldn't blame him for doing so, because time and time again I find myself choosing the world over what God has called me to do as a christian. It's not because God's way is any harder it simply the pure joy of having the instant moment of gratification or self righteousness, ultimately pride.

God doesn't call us to be perfect. Its by grace that we are saved, says Paul in the book of Romans. It is up to us to decide if we want to be rejected or accepted by God in the end. Is the road an easy one, NO. Sometimes you just need to reach out and ask for help, Jesus did when he was in the Garden right before he was arrested and ultimately crucified.

King Saul in the end committed suicide, thus permanently cutting himself from God.

God doesn't call us to be perfect, he has called us to be the best we can be with him in control. Its hard sometimes, its easier said and written than done, but every time I have given into submission God has amazed me at how far he can take me.

God,

Here I am
Take me and mold me. Let me not wonder or doubt.
Help me to stand firm in what I know to be true.
Take me just as I am, the good and bad
Make something new out of me.

Yours forevermore,
Pedro

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yo pedro, i completely agree that pride is such a difficult thing to master, and many times we can't even recognize it when it does show up in our lives... it's awesome to read your thoughts and see that you are really tackling some tough issues. Keep on keepin on!

see you soon.

T